The deed is done

Posted by J. on Wednesday, January 14, 2009

(Cassie at the falls)

Well, I've done it. Specifically, the application to attend OIT in the fall is in, and transcript transfer requests from PCC and PSU have been submitted to get them to accept me. I'll have to resend the PCC transcript again this fall to get the grades and courses for the prerequisites I'm working on now to move over, but that shouldn't be a big deal.

Talking to the representative from OIT at the PCC Transfer days event yesterday really didn't do much for me in terms of clearing things up as to how this is going to land, but it did give me a little information. Among other things, the rep made me aware of a presidential scholarship for transfer students for a few thousand a year. Right now I don't qualify for it, as it's targeted at students with a GPA above 3.3 (my PCC GPA is currently at 3.15, mostly due to a hiccup one term in 2003 that caused me to have to drop or fail almost all of my classes that term). Ideally I'll be in that range once my PSU grades and the grades for the next two or three terms at PCC are taken into account, and will be able to apply. There's also a "preview" day on Saturday, April 18th this year to get familiar with the campus and so forth - I'm not sure I'll attend, as it's a five hourish drive each way and I don't know if it'll be all that useful to me (my time with the rep here was perhaps 8 minutes to exhaust her relevant knowledge), but it's worth knowing about.

I also got my first grade back! The quiz in Algebra, that I forgot my darn calculator for, landed at 34/46, an A. Given that the teacher said the class pretty much bombed it, that feels pretty good. We'll see how it goes from here, but it feels like I'm getting back in the groove, mathwise. I'm going to enjoy it as much as I can now, because the next section will be Trigonometry, and that never actually made sense to me.

Other than the Transfer days event, yesterday was a relaxation day of sorts. Eden, Cassie, and I grabbed breakfast/lunch at Ikea (darn good prices for edible food), then got out of town and headed to Multnomah falls. There's been a lot of stress going on recently for all three of us, and it was good to unwind a little. Eden and I tend to head out there or to the coast every couple of months at least. We need to find some new destinations in range, but this has served us as an outlet for years now. It's just nice to be away from the city.

0 comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)